DONATION FOR OVU INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Share Group 1 will be collecting items for international students coming to OVU this fall. Items suggested are: twin sheet sets, blankets, towels, washcloths, pillows, and personal hygiene products. We invite the whole congregation to join with Share Group 1 in this project. Please place items in Room 2 in the space designated.
"HALLELUJAH PSALMS - 1"
This is the title of Mark's latest blog. Here is an excerpt:
"The book of Psalms is an incredibly rich and diverse collection of Biblical material for the spiritual life. The book is actually a collection of collections, we might say. There are sections of related psalms, for instance, Psalm 120-134, the Songs of Ascent. This is my favorite section personally and I have written and taught on this beloved collection often in my years in ministry".
Read the full blogpost on the 36th Street Website.
SUNDAY NIGHT COFFEE/REFRESHMENTS
Beginning in AUGUST, the following schedule for providing coffee/drinks/refreshments after Sunday PM service:
First Sunday - Special Worship in Song and Potluck Meal
Second Sunday - Share Group 2 provides refreshments
Third Sunday - Share Group 3 provides refreshments
Fourth Sunday - Share Group 1 provides refreshments
Please note each of these is open to all members of the congregation, not just the Share Group providing the refreshments for that night.
Schedule will continue until further notice.
ANNUAL SCHOOL STORE
We have started collecting items for our School Store that will be held August 6-8.
Here is what we are collecting:
- Wide & College Ruled Notebook Paper
- Colored Pencils
- Colored Markers
- 24-Count Crayons
- Glue Sticks
- Pencils, Mechanical Pencils, Pencil Pouches
- Index Cards
Please limit donations to only the items listed above. Thank You!
IF YOU CAN ASSIST WITH THIS PROJECT DURING THE PREPARATION AND DISTRIBUTION IN AUGUST, PLEASE CONTACT ELIZABETH AT 304-482-1281.
CHURCH FACEBOOK PAGES
36th Street currently has two separate Facebook pages. Both have the same name: 36th Street Church of Christ. The pages are different in the following way:
One is an open public group. This is the cover photo: Anyone can see the group's name, who's in the group, and can post and see what others post on the page.
The other is a closed group. This is the cover photo: Anyone can see the group name and who's in the group, but only members who have been approved and added by the Admin(s) of the page (Mark or Tracy) can see what group members post on the page.
So, basically, if you want to post something to be shared by only our members (and others whom the Admins have approved as members), use the closed page. If you want to post something to be shared with the public, use the public page. Hope this helps, - John E.
2018 SUMMER SERIES
THEME: "THE BE-HAPPY ATTITUDES: AN IN-DEPTH LOOK AT THE INTRODUCTION TO JESUS' GREAT SERMON"
- June 13 - Intro to the Sermon on the Mount and the Beatitudes (Mike Moss - 36th Street)
- June 20 - The Poor In Spirit - Matthew 5:2-3 (John Keith - Cambridge, OH)
- June 27 - Those Who Mourn - Matthew 5:4 (Harry Ogletree - Marietta, OH)
- July 4 - The Meek - Matthew 5:5 (Tom D. Butterfield - McConnelsville, OH)
- July 11 - Those Who Hunger and Thirst for Righteousness - Matthew 5:6 (Jim Wright - Bridgeport, WV)
- July 18 - The Merciful - Matthew 5:7 (Ron Laughery - Parkersburg, WV)
- July 25 - The Pure In Heart - Matthew 5:8 (Ethan Kirl - 36th Street)
- August 1 - The Peacemakers - Matthew 5:9 (Jared Shipley - 36th Street)
- August 8 - Those Persecuted for Righteousness - Matthew 5:10 (Ted Blackwood - North Canton, OH)
- August 15 - Those Insulted and Spoken Evil Against - Matthew 5:11-12 (Nathan Greene - Barlow-Vincent, OH)
- August 22 - You Are the Salt of the Earth and the Light of The World - Matthew 5:13-16 (Stephen Walker - Kanawha City, WV)
- August 29 - Jesus as a Teacher: A Look Back on the Greatest Sermon - Matthew 7:28-29 (Sam Bartrug - McConnelsville, OH)