WORSHIP ON THE LORD'S DAY AT 36TH STREET
Join us for worship this Lord's Day at 36th Street. Mark will continue his sermon series "Turning Points in HIS Story". This lesson is "JESUS' 3 POINTS" from Mark 1:14-15.
Sunday afternoon we will meet at 4:00 PM. Mark's lesson is "ARE APPEARANCES IMPORTANT?". His text for this lesson is Titus 2:1-15.
Bible Study is at 9:30am and Worship follows at 10:30am. See you at 36th Street this Sunday!
NEW WEDNESDAY BIBLE CLASS
Mark began a new Wednesday Evening class on January 4th: “ACTS: WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN THAT FIRST CHURCH”.
"THAT TROUBLESOME OLD TESTAMENT GOD" - PART VII
"Two troubling texts – one Old Testament (Jeremiah 19:3-9) and one New (Luke 19:41-44). One from a faithful prophet of old and one from the very Son of God. How do we deal with passages that plainly detail the violence that God will bring upon people? Is God not a God of love and mercy, and patience? Is he not anxious to forgive, and relent from punishment?"
This is an excerpt from from Mark's latest blog entry dated February 21, 2017.
Check it out under the 'Marks Blog' tab.
FEBRUARY BIBLE STUDY TEACHERS/SUBJECTS
(ADULT BIBLE STUDY - FEBRUARY 2017)
- Wednesday, Feb 1 -Mark 5:1-43 (1 & 7 PM - Dennis Menear)
- Sunday, Feb 5 - Mark 6:1-52 (Mike Moss)
- Wednesday, Feb 8 - Mark 6:53 - 7:38 (1 & 7 PM - Dennis Menear)
- Sunday, Feb 12 - Mark 8:1-38 (Mike Moss)
- Wednesday, Feb 15 - Mark 9:1-37 (1 & 7 PM - Bill Butterfield)
- Sunday, Feb 19 - Mark 9:38 - 10:16 (Mike Moss)
- Wednesday, Feb 22 - Mark 10:17-52 (1 & 7 PM - Bill Butterfield)
- Sunday, Feb 26 - Mark 11:1-33 (Jim Wright)