REST IN PEACE BENNY COLANTONI
Our dear brother Benny Colantoni passed away yesterday at his residence. He was 94. He will be remembered as a true Christian gentleman - lover of music, lover of children, and lover of life. I can't help but remember three hymns today that Benny loved to lead: "Till The Storm Passes By", "God Bless You, Go With God", and "It Is Well With My Soul".
Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday, June 21, 2018 at the Lambert-Tatman Funeral Home, Vienna with James Nunn officiating. Interment will follow at the Riverview Cemetery, Williamstown. Visitation will be 2-4 and 6-8 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
MOV WORK CAMP IS HERE!
Mid-Ohio Valley Work Camp has artrived! We are again providing lunches for Work Campers during this week. Many thanks to Mary Lemley, Janna Menear, Alice Hale, and Tracy Mason for coordinating these lunches. Also thanks to the congregation for your donations of beverages, money, and your time!
Mid-Ohio Valley Work Camp is a project organized to give young people an opportunity to serve God by serving others who are in need. It was started by area youth ministers from the church of Christ in 1999. Approximately 100 young people from the Mid-Ohio Valley painted six (6) houses during the first Work Camp.
The camp has grown consistently each year both in numbers of houses painted and numbers of participants. Workers, mostly teens, have come from not only the Mid-Ohio Valley, but from churches in other locations as well!
Work Camp is a non-profit organization that relies on congregational and individual contributions as well as area business to provide needed funding, food and supplies to successfully function.
CHURCH FACEBOOK PAGES
36th Street currently has two separate Facebook pages. Both have the same name: 36th Street Church of Christ. The pages are different in the following way:
One is an open public group. This is the cover photo: Anyone can see the group's name, who's in the group, and can post and see what others post on the page.
The other is a closed group. This is the cover photo: Anyone can see the group name and who's in the group, but only members who have been approved and added by the Admin(s) of the page (Mark or Tracy) can see what group members post on the page.
So, basically, if you want to post something to be shared by only our members (and others whom the Admins have approved as members), use the closed page. If you want to post something to be shared with the public, use the public page. Hope this helps, - John E.
Maggie Mason was baptized into Christ Tuesday night.
Our prayers are with Maggie and her family as a new sister in Christ.
2018 SUMMER SERIES
THEME: "THE BE-HAPPY ATTITUDES: AN IN-DEPTH LOOK AT THE INTRODUCTION TO JESUS' GREAT SERMON"
- June 13 - Intro to the Sermon on the Mount and the Beatitudes (Mike Moss - 36th Street)
- June 20 - The Poor In Spirit - Matthew 5:2-3 (John Keith - Cambridge, OH)
- June 27 - Those Who Mourn - Matthew 5:4 (Harry Ogletree - Marietta, OH)
- July 4 - The Meek - Matthew 5:5 (Tom D. Butterfield - McConnelsville, OH)
- July 11 - Those Who Hunger and Thirst for Righteousness - Matthew 5:6 (Jim Wright - Bridgeport, WV)
- July 18 - The Merciful - Matthew 5:7 (Ron Laughery - Parkersburg, WV)
- July 25 - The Pure In Heart - Matthew 5:8 (Ethan Kirl - 36th Street)
- August 1 - The Peacemakers - Matthew 5:9 (Jared Shipley - 36th Street)
- August 8 - Those Persecuted for Righteousness - Matthew 5:10 (Ted Blackwood - North Canton, OH)
- August 15 - Those Insulted and Spoken Evil Against - Matthew 5:11-12 (Nathan Greene - Barlow-Vincent, OH)
- August 22 - You Are the Salt of the Earth and the Light of The World - Matthew 5:13-16 (Stephen Walker - Kanawha City, WV)
- August 29 - Jesus as a Teacher: A Look Back on the Greatest Sermon - Matthew 7:28-29 (Sam Bartrug - McConnelsville, OH)