DANIEL GAINES TANZANIA REPORT
Taking the Gospel to Tanzania Short Report 10/03/2020
Grace and Peace to you friends.
I hope that this note finds you and your loved ones well. After some delays and misadventures (I was forced to spend 48 hours in the Amsterdam airport because of weather delays, so now I can tell you where all of the best chairs are!), I am finally safe and sound in Tanzania.
The past week was spent primarily in studying the book of Revelation with the 2nd year students at the Andrew Connally School of Preaching. It was gratifying to see them respond to the message of hope and victory on those pages. Our God is truly awesome, and it is an immense privilege just to have the opportunity to serve Him!
Today, Noel Stafford and I are heading out to do some personal evangelism. Evangelists here have told me of 8 baptisms and 15 restorations recently. The door stands open here!
There is so much more to share, so I'll write again soon. In the meantime, please keep the work here in your prayers. Also, let me know if you would like for me to visit with your congregation in person about the Lord's work in East Africa.
Till all have heard,
IN-PERSON ASSEMBLY GUIDELINES
Greetings 36th Street members and friends:
Assembly for worship or Bible study at 36th Street has been modified to reduce the risk of exposure to Covid-19. Following are guidelines we expect all to follow:
- Entrance to the building will be limited to the main/carport entrance doors only.
- Upon entering the building and while moving around inside the building, we encourage you to wear a face covering. These may be removed while seated in the pew during the service. Face masks are available in the foyer if you need one. Children are not required to wear a face covering.
- To maintain physical separation, we have designated every other row for seating. Please do not sit in pews that are marked with yellow tape. We ask you to remain six feet from others – but family units are encouraged to sit together.
- Single service communion sets will be used. Pick up your communion set as you enter. Please dispose of the communion sets in one of the trash containers as you leave.
- Collection trays will be placed on the table in the foyer for your contribution as you enter or leave.
- At the conclusion of the service, the ushers will dismiss by rows in order to maintain separation. We ask that you exit the building without stopping for socializing.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are located in the foyer. Water fountains are taped off and should not be used.
- There will be no children’s classes and the education section of the building has been closed until further notice.
- In-person Adult Bible class will return on November 4th at 1:00 PM and all services will continue to be live-streamed on Facebook live.
- Please do not leave cards or gifts in the foyer – they will not be distributed!
- If you have flu-like symptoms; if you have any signs of fever; if you have had contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19; or if you have concerns about your own compromised immune system, we encourage you to please stay at home.
ONLINE GIVING IS NOW AVAILABLE (TITHE.LY)
We are now able to accept contributions and donations online. This is a capability that we believe is going to be very beneficial both now, and even in the future when things get back to normal. Here are a few of the benefits:
YOU CAN MAKE A CONTRIBUTION OR DONATION HERE:
DO YOU HAVE A MEMBER ACCOUNT?
Attention: 36th Street Members
Our website contains much useful information for you as a member of the 36th street congregation. We are updating and improving www.36thstreetchurch.com on an ongoing basis.
In order for you to take advantage of the full (members-only) benefits of the site, you need to set up a personal account on the site. It's easy to do - just go to the homepage of the website and click on the 'MEMBERS' tab and select 'REGISTER' from the drop-down menu. You will need to complete the form there and set up a username and password. Your request will be forwarded to a web administrator, who will review the form and set you up in the system.
We encourage you to access the website and see how it can benefit you.